Don’t have an agent, but want to learn to promote yourself successfully? Learn how from a professional music agent!
Get all the tools and tricks of the trade so you can promote yourself and your work to the venues, promoters, broadcasters and festivals, and get the fees that you want.
Please Note: this is a four week course with feedback, starting on 1 September 2020. If you want to take the self-paced version of the course, that does not include any feedback, and is available for you to work through in your own time: click here
Are you a professional musician without an agent? You’ll know promoting yourself and getting noticed by the right people is often a huge challenge, no matter what stage your career is at.
The industry is also changing rapidly, so many of the old rules and conventions no longer apply. With digital, social media, limits on time, and many other people competing in the same space, there’s more to do than ever.
Here’s where I can help, creating an agent who knows you best: You!
Over four weeks, I’ll help you learn all the tools and tricks of the trade so you can promote yourself and your work to the venues, promoters, broadcasters and festivals that you want to reach.
THE COURSE WILL TEACH YOU TO:
- Get more performances/commissions
- Achieve your ideal fees
- Attract work offers from higher profile venues and artists
- Boost your profile in the industry
- Build a list of useful contacts
- Get the best out of your network
- Tackle imposter syndrome and other barriers to promoting yourself
WHAT WE WILL COVER
Module 1: Creating and fine-tuning your publicity material: what you put out there; finding the right voice to promote your work
Module 2: Getting the word out: how you get your work out there; how to make the best use of your network; how to expand your network
Module 3: Follow-ups and responses: what to do next; how to stand out from the crowd
Module 4: Maximising your value as an artist: how to pitch and negotiate fees; how to get the best possible value from every performance; and overcoming any misgivings or imposter syndrome.
At the end of the course, you will have:
- Written and/or fine-tuned your ideal marketing material
- Planned how you will distribute it
- Planned how to get the most out of your existing network and any upcoming performances
- Considered how you feel about selling your work and any practical or emotional barriers that you face when promoting yourself.
- Access to a closed Facebook group especially for course participants to network, share their work and discuss their marketing challenges and successes.
WHO AM I?
I’m Katie Beardsworth, a classical music agent, artistic director and project manager with over a decade of experience in working in the arts.
I work as an agent for a wide range of artists and projects, and I also work in artistic planning, giving me experience on both sides.
After years of receiving pitches from hundreds of artists per year, both direct and via agents, I have a great understanding of the most effective way to get your work noticed.
This course will work for you whether you perform regularly or not; are experienced or just embarking on professional music-making.