Are you a professional musician without an agent? You’ll know promoting yourself and getting noticed by the right people is often a huge challenge, no matter what stage your career is at.
The industry is also changing rapidly, so many of the old rules and conventions no longer apply. With digital, social media, limits on time, and many other people competing in the same space, there’s also more to do than ever.
Here’s where I can help, creating an agent who knows you best: You!
Over four weeks, I’ll help you learn all the tools and tricks of the trade so you can promote yourself and your work to the venues, promoters, broadcasters and festivals that you want to reach.
The course will teach you to:
- Get more performances/commissions
- Achieve your ideal fees
- Attract work offers from higher profile venues and artists
- Boost your profile in the industry
- Build a list of useful contacts
- Get the best out of your network
- Tackle imposter syndrome and other barriers to promoting yourself
who am i?
I’m Katie Beardsworth, a classical music agent, artistic director and project manager with over a decade of experience in working in the arts.
I work as an agent for a wide range of artists and projects, and I also work in artistic planning, giving me experience on both sides.
After years of receiving pitches from hundreds of artists per year, both direct and via agents, I have a great understanding of the most effective way to get your work noticed. This course will work for you whether you perform regularly or not; are experienced or just embarking on professional music-making.
what we will cover
Week 1: Creating and fine-tuning your publicity material: what you put out there; finding the right voice to promote your work
Week 2: Getting the word out: how you get your work out there; how to make the best use of your network; how to expand your network
Week 3: Follow-ups and responses: what to do next; how to stand out from the crowd
Week 4: Maximising your value as an artist: how to pitch and negotiate fees; how to get the best possible value from every performance; and overcoming any misgivings or imposter syndrome.
At the end of the course, you will have:
- Written and/or fine-tuned your ideal marketing material
- Planned how you will distribute it
- Planned how to get the most out of your existing network and any upcoming performances
- Considered how you feel about selling your work and any practical or emotional barriers that you face when promoting yourself.
- Access to a closed Facebook group especially for course participants to network, share their work and discuss their marketing challenges and successes.
how it will work
The course starts on Tuesday 4th November 2019 and takes 4 weeks to complete. Each Tuesday, the next week’s materials will be released, and you will be given advice to read and tasks to complete. The deadline for each week’s task will be 11am Friday, for feedback the following week. You will be given access to the course materials to download and keep, so it is possible to do the course over a longer time, but I cannot guarantee feedback outside of these deadlines (if this is a problem for you, do get in touch).
Join the course
The cost of the course is £300. From now until November 4th 2019 only, I am offering a discounted rate of only £197.
The information contained in this course is intended only for the course participants. Please do not reproduce or redistribute any of the above materials. Copyright © 2019 Katie Beardsworth