I’ve worked in the classical music industry for my whole career and I love it, and I love the people in it. And I love the work that I do. But, when you work in an industry so closely you can’t help but become aware of the unfairnesses and the problems that exist within the industry.
Since COVID-19 happened and locked down happened, those problems with the industry have come more and more to the fore. We’ve seen how fragile a musician’s income can be. We’ve seen how fragile music organizations can be. And I want to change that.
Listen Now On your Preferred Platform
Or Listen To The Latest Episodes Below
Episode 20: Christmas special – a festive review with guests from our first season. – Music Works
- Episode 20: Christmas special – a festive review with guests from our first season.
- Episode 19: Covid, creativity and a case for change
- Episode 18: Streaming, royalties, and the fight for a fair deal for musicians.
- Episode 17: Being female – adaptability, flexibility and the challenges we face.
- Episode 16: Bringing opera to a community near you.