I’ve worked in the classical music industry for my whole career and I love it, and I love the people in it. And I love the work that I do. But, when you work in an industry so closely you can’t help but become aware of the unfairnesses and the problems that exist within the industry.
Since COVID-19 happened and locked down happened, those problems with the industry have come more and more to the fore. We’ve seen how fragile a musician’s income can be. We’ve seen how fragile music organizations can be. And I want to change that.
Episode 7: Cultured Communities: arts, communities and how we fund them. – Music Works
- Episode 7: Cultured Communities: arts, communities and how we fund them.
- Episode 6: Using the difficulty – finding opportunities in challenging times.
- Episode 5: Teaching, performing and recording under COVID with Steve Stirling
- Episode 4: Valuing your skills as a musician, with a business mindset
- Episode 3: Beyond Covid – education and inclusivity with bassonist, Prof. Fraser Gordon